Nature...no excuses


My post today will be short, simple and hopefully sweet.

I love nature. I love hiking in the mountains or watching a sunset. I love the smell of the fresh air after a spring rain. I could go on and on...

Last week we had our first snowfall of the winter. It was one of those where it was still fairly warm outside (in the low 30s as compared to single digits with a wind chill) and the snowflakes where the big puffy kind. The whiteness blanketed the trees, the ground, the streets, the cars and the houses. A snowfall like this has its peacefulness and quietness about it. Everything is covered in white and the stillness is breathtaking. These snowfalls always remind me of Psalm 51:7.

“Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.”

Nature is always pointing to its Creator. A snowfall is such a beautiful picture of what God wants to do within our hearts & souls. God wants to cover up the dirty, the rusty, the muddy, the dark, and the ugly with a blanket of white. He wants to make all things new in our lives...if we are willing to let Him.

I have just started studying the book of Romans (much more to come on this I’m sure) and I the following verse captivated me.

Romans 1:20, “For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.”

My study Bible offered these comments for the verse, “Nature shows a God of might, intelligence, and intricate detail; a God of order and beauty; a God who controls powerful forces.”

So the next time you step outside...even if it is just to scrape snow and ice of your car...take time to look around at the beautiful creation all around you and thank God for His amazing qualities we see in and through nature.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment